Thursday, August 6, 2015

Diffuser

Finally fitted the rear diffuser - not that it actually diffuses anything! Can't say it is a great fit, and you really see the asymmetry of the rear body moulding when you try to put it on.

Left side from underneath
and the other side
In the absence of any directions of how to actually fix it to the rear of the car, I inspired myself from a few pictures I had taken at the factory and aligned the inside edge of the diffuser with the inside edge of the body. The fit on the inside isn't very good, but you don't see that. Just fitted with self-tappers for the time being, will upgrade with rivserts and bolts at a later date. The back middle bolt will need a spacer, as there is a gap of about 15 mm or more between the body and the diffuser.

Rear diffuser, guaranteed to take 1 second off my lap time


I trimmed and fitted the pedal cover on the driver's side footwell. This will stop my toes from getting blasted by 200 degree (F) air every time the fan comes on! Serves me right for driving with flip-flops.

Also did some tidying up underneath, to move the fuel lines slightly, as they were rubbing on the gearbox. I also added some convoluted tubing just in case. Also added some to the clutch flexible tubing as it lies across the brake masters.

If I was to do it again, I would run the fuel lines higher inside the tunnel and exit them after the gearbox mount instead of in front, there is plenty of room to do it that way, but difficult to change once everything is in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment